Saturday 20 December 2014

DOWN STREAM - Episode 1

Available for FREE at Smashwords  and for £0.99 at Amazon.co.uk



"Let me introduce myself. My name is Joseph Bridgeman. I am a moderately depressed, reclusive insomniac with a failing antiques business and a constant headache.
And you need to trust me when I tell you, that’s the good bit.
I’ve lived alone for years, avoiding social contact and emotional connection very nicely thanks. Until now. You see, when you stop earning, money tends to run out (ever noticed that?) and if I don’t do something soon, Martin says I could be out on the street; and that would mean connecting with people and for someone with my affliction that never ends wells. Martin? Oh he’s my annoyingly successful accountant. This morning he gave me the name of a hypnotherapist, said it might help. Clearly, he doesn’t understand how busy I am? I have places to go, things to do, people to avoid, vinyl to buy.
Anyway, I went to see her and things got a little complicated. I thought my day started badly but where I ended up? I could never, ever, possibly have imagined. Oh, did I just say where? What I meant to say was when…"

I can't recall reading a book with a main character that feels as real, as solid - as human - as Joseph Bridgeman does. 

The story flows along very nicely and, if you're like me, you'll find yourself chuckling with amusement at times, sitting forward in anticipation at others, and at the end you'll be wishing you could time travel to get to the next episode! 

Another offering of pure delight from author Nick Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment